Thursday, January 12, 2012

The MBA Games!

Over the weekend, 39 Rotman students (myself included) travelled to Edmonton, AB to participate in the MBA Games, a series of challenges on athletics, academics and spirit.

We left Toronto Friday afternoon and arrived with barely enough time to check in, eat, pick up last minute supplies and practice our dance routine, which we performed at the opening ceremonies. The opening ceremonies were definitely a spectacle! All the schools were sporting their paraphernalia and making as much noise as possible.

Nobody from any school wasted a beat on Saturday and Sunday. All sporting events, academic cases and spirit competitions were in full swing from 8:00am until 5:00pm. And if you weren’t participating in something, you were cheering your face off for your school. I am happy to report back that Rotman came first in ultimate frisbee, first in dodgeball, second in water polo and made it to the second round in the finance case competition!

The only part of the weekend I did not enjoy was leaving. The Rotman clan had to be up, packed, checked out of the hotel and on a bus headed toward the airport at 4:30am on Monday morning. It wasn’t just the early morning and lack of sleep that made leaving the worst part – the MBA Games is something I have been looking forward to since September when I was chosen to be a member of the team. I was excited to be representing Rotman with classmates who are equally as passionate, outgoing and competitive as I am. And the weekend was an absolute blast. We laughed, cheered and socialized with people from schools all over Canada. Once we were picking up our luggage from the Toronto airport, I finally realized that it was all over, and all too quickly.

With that said, I can’t wait until next year! GO ROTMAN!



4 comments:

  1. hahahaha...! you guys make me memorize my games..always be happy you all...
    Thesis Writing
    Cheap Thesis Writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. i everyone i am finding some MBA stud stuff something business regarding. I like your post dear. nice blog.
    Human Resource Management

    ReplyDelete