Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The results are in...

The day after I wrote my CFA Level 3 exam, I’m pretty sure I was fully relaxed. It figures, because I was already on vacation in Las Vegas. But as we got closer to the release of my results, I got a tiny little bit more anxious. Last night and this morning, my anxiety level reached an all-time high. I wished I was back in Vegas.

I opted to wait until after my accounting pre-program class was finished to check the email from the CFA Institute that would undoubtedly be sitting in my inbox. Thank goodness class was interesting, or else I wouldn’t have been able to sit still. I walked to the Rotman building and took a seat at a table up on the second floor. I wanted to be as secluded as possible.

It seemed to take forever for my laptop to boot up. And of course I had to re-type my password because I got it wrong the first time. Finally I was logged in.

And there it was. From CFA Institute: “Your CFA Exam Results”.

I didn’t even hesitate, I clicked on it right away. And when I saw “Congratulations” written somewhere in the email, I breathed the BIGGEST sigh of relief. I don’t even think I read the rest of the message.

So there you have it, folks! Pending work experience, I will soon be able to use the CFA charter!

Many thanks and much love to all the supportive people who helped me along the way: my family, for countless pep talks and words of encouragement; my Raymond James colleagues for always believing in me and keeping me sane; and my friends for always understanding when I said, “I am so sorry, I would love to party with you this weekend, but I have to study.” I am so fortunate to have you all in my life. It has been a thrilling ride.

To anyone who is considering obtaining their CFA charter: it will be the most time-consuming, draining, frustrating and nerve-wrecking series of exams you will probably ever have to study for. There is nothing worse than sitting inside in the middle of May and buried in books when the sun is shining and the birds are singing and your friends are sitting on a patio.

But oh boy, it is so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment